Do you ever wish your favorite TV chair could also be rocking? Is there a new baby in the family who would like to sing to sleep in your arms while you are sitting comfortably? Does your idea of relaxing after a long day at work include reading a book by the fire in winter or simply imagining the scenery outside in summer? The custom rocking chair is loved by everyone with these hobbies.
Many people among us have a rocking chair as a family member while some of us are considering buying it. Rocking chairs began to appear in the late 18th century, when someone wanted to add skates or rocking chairs under adult furniture, similar to a children’s rocking cradle or rocking horse.
Since then, rocking chair ownership has become a unique job, with most people, including some of the most famous presidents, showing great enthusiasm for their rocking chairs, especially the ones that wear an extended curved runner or rocking chair.
But how to choose a good rocking chair? Here are some tips on how to choose the right rocking chair for you.
1. The first thing you ask yourself is, where do you put your rocking chair? Whether in the fireplace or in the family room, you can opt for a pillow or a wooden rocking chair made of light maple or yellow oak. Whether it’s outside in your garden or in the foyer, you can opt for a sweet-smelling cedar, painted Brazilian cherry, or teak that is strong enough to withstand the elements.
2. A very important priority in rocking chairs is comfort. Rocking chairs are used for therapeutic purposes. President Kennedy is said to have found hours and hours of relief for his uncomfortable back and all thanks to this oak rocker with a steam curved backrest and woven armchair made of Malaysian rattan.
The answers to the following questions can help you decide whether the rocking chair you choose will give you the level of comfort you need.
– Does the rocking chair offer comfort and support while sitting?
– Is the seat low enough for comfortable elbow support? – Are the armrests wide enough to relax your arms and ensure good balance?
– Does the seat and backrest offer strength and flexibility?
– Are the seats lowered to fit all over your back while supporting your lower back?
3. Is the cradle positioned correctly? When it comes to laying down, does the rocking chair provide smooth and even vibration without tilting, even when you’re in the chair? Or do you feel like you’re about to come back when you’re shaking? Does pushing the rocking chair stop for a few minutes or does it stop after a few seconds?
4. Is the rocking chair made using techniques that have been shown to lead to a firmer and more durable rocking chair that will withstand daily use? Some of these techniques include glue-free construction, bonded carpentry, and the famous technique of using seven laminated strips of wood to fasten each to the tall, sleek skis used in his rocking chair.
5. What style of rocking chair will suit your decoration? Do you want an upholstered rocking chair or do you want to revive the natural drawing of wood with an oil treatment? Do you prefer an attractive white wicker chair to a casual rattan? How would you like to have your back in your rocking chair – traditional horizontal slats with a ladder backrest, vertical slats, or a woven pole? Do you want to stain, grease, varnish, or paint it?
6. How much do you want to spend on your rocking chair? Whatever your budget, it looks like there’s a rocking chair that everyone wants. An ideal rocking chair is one that offers a perfect experience to the body.
7. And last but not least, do you want to send your rocking chair assembled to you or use your tool and not think about assembling it yourself if you can save it?